Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

By Bryan Cain-Jackson



Everything from how to teach your son how to shave, play baseball and the art of chivalry, being a father has many definitions.

Teaching your daughter the art of saying no and ensuring her prom date that you carry a licensed firearm add to a long list of responsibilities that can cause white hair or for it to fall out completely.  There are so many important aspects to a father.

I had and still have a father.  My grandpa is my dad.

My father was a sperm donor.

My grandfather taught me the art of chivalry, how to treat a woman with respect and be a gentleman at all times.  When I take my lady for a walk, she has to always walk on the inside of the sidewalk and never on the out.  She is never allowed to open her own door in my car or anywhere else for that matter.  I bring her flowers not just when I’ve been an ass, but also just because.  Although there are many women who do not appreciate that chivalry, I pride myself in this attribute.  My grandfather/father has taught me well.  From watching Superman with me, to hiding my Thriller video, and playing baseball with me, he was the essence of fatherhood and set forth many examples for me to follow that I will carry with me for the rest of my life and instill in my own children when I blessed to have them.

To all the fathers that step up to the plate and hit it out of the park everyday and not just when it’s convenient or required of them:  HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!

Keep it up, your children will appreciate the fact that you were there from day #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit ExpressSearch Engine Marketing